- Guptkashi, an ideal stopover place for the devotees travelling to Kedarnath, is famous for the Ardhanareeshwar and Viswanath temples. According to the Hindu Mythology, it is believed that Lord Shiva hid at this place for some time.Viswanath temple, located within this destination is among the several incarnations of Lord Shiva. In addition, the
- Kedarnath Temple, probably the most sacred Hindu shrine located in the great Himalayas, is believed to be constructed by Sankaracharya. Situated at the Garhwal region of Himalayas, this temple is one of the major Shiva temples in the country. The temple contains one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord
Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, sprawling over an area of 967 sq.km, was established in 1972. Located in the district of Chamoli, it is named after the famous Kedarnath temple. Situated on the catchment area of Alaknanda River, this sanctuary is home to temperate forests, which include low and coniferous, alpine and Bugyals.
- Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys.
- Vasuki Tal, located at a distance of 8 km from Kedarnath, is one of the beautiful tourist spots in the state of Uttarakhand. Perched at an altitude of around 4,135 m above the sea level, the lake of Vasuki Tal is surrounded by great Himalayan mountain ranges. In addition, tourists can also enjoy beautiful view of the Chaukhamba peaks located nearby.
- Agastyamuni, located at a distance of around 20 km from Rudraprayag, is a noted tourist spot of religious significance in the state of Uttarakhand. Perched at a height of 1,000 m this famous spot is situated along the bank of the beautiful river Mandakini. Famed for the temple in the name of sage Agastya, it is also believed that the sage had meditated here for almost one year.
Bhairav Nath Temple
- Bhairav Nath Temple, located within the vicinity of the main temple complex, is one of the most popular temples after Kedarnath temple. Dedicated to God Bhairav, the temple is located to the south of the main temple. According to a belief, during winter months due to the heavy rainfall, when the Kedarnath temple remains closed,
- Triyuginarayan Temple (Sanskrit: श्री श्री श्री युगी-नारायण) is a Hindu temple located in the Triyuginarayan village in Rudraprayag district, Uttarakhand. The ancient temple is dedicated to god Vishnu. Its fame is credited to the legend of god Shiva’s marriage to goddess Parvati witnessed by Vishnu at this venue and is thus a popular pilgrimage centre.
- Chopta is small settlement and Commencement point to 3rd of Panch Kedar Tungnath About 3.5km from here. Another 1k.m from Tungnath leads to Chandrashila Peak (About 4000mts MSL). Chopta offers amazing views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. It is